Tuesday 17 March 2015

WHAT'S STOPPING YOU?



A simple question.

But is your answer going to be that simple? The major goal you have in life, does it have just one challenge or a multitude of challenges? What you set out to achieve in your life this year, has it been an easy ride so far, a wobbly one or it just hasn't kicked off yet? Who or what do you think is to blame if things haven't yet moved at the pace that you would have really wanted them to? You? Other people? The government? The economy? Your physique? The area or house you presently live in? Your background? Your family? The school you went to or never got the chance to attend? Your employer? Your employees? The type of cloth accessories you have? Everything else that I haven't mentioned?

What's stopping you?



We should all ask this question to ourselves because our candid answer(s) to it will determine a lot for us. Real as some or most of the above obstacles may seem to us, no obstacle goes out of the way except you either push it aside or step over it or simply go round it. And whatever you choose to do, running away from any obstacle is never a positive move.

People abound the world over who have stepped over their challenges and pushed their lives' fortune to another level. I've always wanted to write books ever since I was a teenager growing up years back and I certainly have had my own share of obstacles and challenges, from family members to so-called close friends. But I knew that an excuse for not pursuing a strong lifelong dream would forever leave me miserable for as long as I live, so I finally bottled up the determination to write and publish the books I believed were residing inside me...no matter what. As at today, I have two books out and the possibility of one or two more being released later this year. I also have been able to go on radio with a special programme that had first resonated in my heart some five or so years ago. There are many people in the world today who have all overcome various adversities or challenges to eventually achieve their dreams and are now successful.

I haven't yet achieved all I'd like to but I know that life isn't a sprint and I'm willing to take it one positive step after another. I'm willing to ignore the obstacles standing before me and instead concentrate on where I'm going until I eventually get there. And I know I'll get there...soon. I no longer give myself an excuse.


You have so much going for you that you just won't be fully fulfilled except you accomplish what is laid up in your heart. The world is waiting for your unveiling, but it's not the world that will unveil you to it. You will need to look those obstacles and challenges in the eye and decide how your future will be.

Will anything still stop you?

P.S.
Please kindly subscribe to this blog by following me by email. That way you get instant notifications direct to your email whenever any post goes up .

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CELEBRATING YOU!

You need to be celebrated! Yes, you! This year may not have turned out the way you had hoped it would but the mere fact that you mad...